Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Craving some Baking

I have a seriously frivolous problem. I want to bake (things that I could do without) in our nonfunctional oven.

Truthfully, we don't cook all that often. We work odd/late hours, so when we get home we go to my inlaws to eat leftovers. And that's cool. Except for when it isn't.

I want to bake bread. I am craving a cake.

I want to make a pie, and I have a really pretty pie plate who has never seen the inside of an oven.

Obviously, I need to get us an oven ASAP. And with any major purchase, (this is major in your 20s, people)- it requires way too much research.

This is what I came up with:

Premier 24 in. Freestanding Battery-Generated Spark Ignition Gas Range in Black


This one, without a window and with a dumb boiler drawer. I don't know how to broil or desire to learn to broil. And with gas ranges, you can't use the lower drawer for storage unless its maybe a cookie sheet.

Because: How much do they really expect me to spend on a 24 inch stove? I've never bought an appliance before, I can't wait until we hit the more expensive purchase section in our life. You know, like kids and hopefully a house. And plus, we have to find a way to get it to our apartment. Not in stores, and shipping will not be cheap. Yup, I'm being cheap on this one. I even opted out of the oven window because it added nearly $100 on the price.

rant over.

Time for some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment